- Identification of sources of gender inequality in different social areas.
- Analysis of inequality problems in different areas and the proposal of solutions to overcome them.
- Insight into the main issues related to gender over the past decades.
- Insight into the main demands of women in their fight against gender discrimination in order to secure equal opportunities.
- Insight into feminist policies and their evolution through history.
- Application of the theories learnt to practical tasks related to the various subject areas (education, work, public policies, the media, etc.) dealt with on the course.
- Knowledge of current legislation on gender and the ability to assess its social implications.
- Application of knowledge related to gender to analyse different conflicts and social situations.
Instrumental transversal competences
- Ability to adapt to new situations.
- Use and management of information and communication (ICTs).
- Organisation and planning through objectives and strategies.
- Designing, management and assessment of projects.
Interpersonal transversal competences
- Working in teams.
- Working in teams in interdisciplinary contexts.
Cognitive transversal competences
Analysis of cultural, social and political contexts.
Identification and the capacity to react against discriminatory situations for women.
Ability to devise positive actions.
Application of theoretical knowledge to solve practical problems.
Generation of new ideas.